Tales of Clare Castellano may feel scatter shot and disorganized. The reality is life with Clare doesn’t follow any linear narrative beyond “This is how our love is,” no more than a time travel episode of The Next Generation follows a logical narrative beyond “It seems to be some sort of tachion subspace distortion.”
Just roll with it, don’t think too hard about it, and remember Next Gen rocks over all other Star Trek incarnations, exactly like the love Clare and I share rocks over everything romantic in the entire history of ever.
Clare asked of me…
And in typical jackassery mode, I replied . . .
I soon learned this is a serious question from her, always followed by . . .
This became a game of ours. Every night before nodding off I’d have a new, original answer for her.
- I love how you flip your hair in my face and say “Fine!”
- I love you because you believe in me even when I don’t believe in myself.
- I love you for seeing me for who I really.am.
- I love how unapologetic you are about your Wigglebum.
- I love you for thinikng “Blindboy & Stupid” are somehow hilarious.
- I love how the two of us are effortless.
Of all of these, Clare’s two favorites are:
It’s an effortless love. And thats not anything I’ve ever felt with a woman.
I love you, Clare.
I love you more, Steve.
Okay, I’ll give you that one.